There is nothing that is more humiliating than that of the foul breath wreaking havoc on your social image and your persona.
In fact, it is just one step behind spinach strewn over the teeth enlightening people about what you have eaten last night.
Research reveals that a considerable portion of the world population amounting to almost 30 percent suffer from this distressing issue.
Halitosis happens to be a medical condition that is caused by a group of bacteria that are anaerobic and produce sulphur. They are responsible for the foul odour. They reside below the surface of the teeth.
A number of factors can be responsible for bad breath to develop in the mouth like having abundant sugar and certain foods like onions, acid formation in the mouth, smoking, gum ailment, cavities, malnutrition and even teeth decay can be a factor in bad breath.
Apart from the above, certain ailments like the excessive diabetes, mouth lacking the proper production of saliva or dry mouth, intestinal disorders like ulcers, heartburn and lactose intolerance, infections like sinusitis or sore throat – all can lead to bad breath.
Thankfully, there are ways that you can follow for controlling bad breath. Here are some of them for your assistance. Just take a look.
- Stick to a Good Oral Hygiene – This goes without saying that not sticking to a good oral hygiene routine enables bacteria to build up on the tongues and gums. They thrive on the sugar that you consume and release a gas which results in foul breath. That is why you should brush at least twice regularly, floss every day and scrape your tongue to prevent the formation of bacteria in the mouth. What’s more, you should also change your toothbrush every 3 months so that your mouth can be cleaned comprehensively.
- Stay Hydrated – One of the reasons why bad breath can attack us is if we don’t drink liquids for hours. This can make the throat and the mouth to dry up and a typical smell emanates because of that. That is why it is suggested that you should drink water or store reminders in your phone for drinking water. Apart from the fresh breath, the perks of drinking water are immense.
- Avoid Smoking and Chewing Tobacco – Though there can be a plethora of reasons for chewing tobacco or to quit smoking, bad breath can be one of the most important ones. Smoking makes the smoker’s breath to retain the smell of stale tobacco. To avoid this the best thing to do is quit smoking. Smoking also leads to the problem of gum ailment and that can also be a source of bad breath among other things. Smoking can irritate the gums and can stain the teeth. So if you quit smoking you can maintain a healthier mouth which is not conducive to bad breath.
- Watch What You Eat – Indian diet is quite spicy and that is why it is quite difficult to avoid garlic, onions and other seasoned preparations. This is true and quite easy to experience with the Indian diet. As it is impossible to avoid these foods, you should try to wash your mouth with mouthwash each time you have such a meal. Added to that, the snacks of the fresh veggies and crispy fruits can enhance the saliva production in the mouth which is essential for washing away the bacteria from the teeth, gums and tongue. This can also alleviate the bad breath caused by the fasting and hunger.
- Visit the Dentist Regularly – A visit to the dentist at least twice every year is the best way how you can maintain great oral health. To rule out the risk of any dental issue, you should visit the dentist first. Bad breath can be caused by many factors and your dentist, from whom you can also seek guidance regarding where to find affordable dental implants cost in Delhi, can help you detect them and take appropriate actions.
The above are some of the ways in which you can control bad breath and lead a healthier and more confident life where you will be able to socialise freely and retain a great oral health year after year.